February 15, 2009
How To...Make Valentine's Day Last All Year
Vday! - by Ms M on Polyvore.com
I love Valentine's day, ridiculously so! I celebrate it like a complete nerd; I make heart shaped cookies, add red food colouring to everything I cook, wear pink nails, blow my money on the sexiest lingerie and indulge myself in as many rom coms as my stomach can physically handle (there's only so many times you can watch Pretty Woman in a row)
But lots of people say that Valentines is a sham, created by Hallmark, that its stupid and childish; and to those people I say loud and clear "Get a life", but there is one thing that I do agree with - you shouldn't limit Valentines to just one day! Here are my tips on making Valentines day last all year round:
- You never ever need a reason to bake heart shaped cookies
- Ditto spending insane amounts of money in Ann Summers
- Loveheart sweets are the perfect silly little gift to let a partner or friend know that you're thinking about them
- Scour the Internet for ideas for perfect romantic dates
- Buy red roses...for yourself
- Pink fluffy handcuffs look great as a decorative feature hanging on a bedroom wall; sexy and tongue in cheek!
- Writing cute little love notes to boyfriends, friends, family,...strangers....
- Buy as much pink crap as you can: earrings, nail polishes, Post-its, folders, lipsticks, toothbrushes, highlighters, cupcakes, umbrellas, ANYTHING!
- Two words: Dirty. Dancing
So get romantic!