December 14, 2008

Heaven In Handcuffs

I like to think of myself as quite a liberal, experienced girl but the thought of stepping foot inside the Ann Summers shop on Saturday was enough to give me palpitations. Would I get ID-ed? Would people stare at me? Would I have enough courage to actually buy anything? The walk up to the shop was nerve-recking; but I am a big girl, a big girl who needs some sexy-ass lingerie for a Christmas surprise for her boyfriend (who had been a very good boy this year)

Once I was in however, I found my Mecca. It was amazing - I was surrounded by gorgeously pretty lingerie, kinky PVC numbers, furry fans, handcuffs, all sorts of tongue in cheek novelties and a general air of seduction. Everything was clearly laid out, with buckets of sexy accessories dotted around the shop (so organised!) so if one was completely scared by the experience then they could just go in, grab and leave super easily. Fortunately, I had gained enough courage to allow myself a decent look around.

With underwear named after the most amazing burlesque lady in the world (Yes, I now own a pair of "Dita" pants), sparkly nipple tassels and anything you could ever want to spice up a relationship, I was completely inspired. Sex is so fun, so why not try something different?! It's no longer seedy to visit shops like Ann Summers - all sorts of people from young couples to middle aged women and big burly bikers in there, and I definitely did not feel intimidated. A little spice in your life never hurt anyone, and every girl deserves to feel like a burlesque superstar at one point in her life - so bite the bullet, drop into your local Ann Summers, and pick up a gorgeous baby doll (if you're playing it safe) or a full on PVC, wipe clean corset (extra point if you get the matching restraints)

Oh la la
Oh la la - by Ms M on Polyvore.com

XOXO

No comments: