December 01, 2008

Colour Me Happy

As a psychology student, I know all sorts of tricks of the trade on how to stay happy (lots of sunlight, a can-do attitude and...um...good genes...) so when I found out about colour therapy, I was all for it. After all, nothing cheered me up more than flicking through past Elle magazines and reliving the Nu-rave trends of yore (never before have I so badly wanted to be a child of the 80's.)

I've been flirting with the idea for a while now, wondering whether or not I could pull off bright, screaming colours, but the sheer size of my now readily accessible colour palette (powder blue, lime green, yellow, pink, pillar box red, etc) more than won me over. Now that its winter, I think we could all benefit from a little colour lift-up. However there are downsides...

Wearing too bright clothes can sometimes make one look like an escaped 80's child-tv-presenter, unless you're a serial flasher or a go-go dancer bright underwear is a bit of a miss and I have a slight phobia of bright hair. Nail polish seemed to be the logical thing.

From yellow, to green to bright pink, I shall take inspiration from my pencil case and revamp my nails, old skool highlighter stylie (Perhaps I won't literally use highlighters because I did that once when I was bored in history class, turns out highlighter stains; I looked like I had a fungal infection for weeks.)

And if Nylon says its cool, then its cool - you dig?

Barry M rock my socks

XOXO

No comments: